Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Sussex County Week 2

 
 
Quiet Lunches
 
 
When I lived in California my Uncle Dennis introduced me to real Mexican food.
Not Dell Taco or Taco Bell but the small privately owned Mexican restaurants of the desert.
When I moved to Texas I learned the difference between CaliMex and TexMex.
Seasonings vary across the south west giving your palette an exciting trip.
But the one thing I did learn was that there is so much more then food in shells.
 
When I came back to Jersey the hunt for the Mexican food I learned to love.
But all I could find were tacos and burritos served counter style.
They weren't half bad but I missed that sit down home cooked taste I grew to love.
Then I moved to Sussex County yes boys and girls I found good Mexican food in the hills.
 
The first time Jeff and I tried Riviera Mya I had the lamb.
It brought me back to those little restaurants I discovered on my travels.
I've now had a few of their dishes and I haven't found one I don't like.
Of course I eat those famous shelled foods like tacos more often then not.
 
We aren't the only ones who have found this great place to eat.
The emptiness of the picture was lunch time the best time to grab a table.
Dinner time is usually take out or patients while you wait for a table.
With friendly wait staff and food full of flavors its worth it.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment